Machine Design Engineer
Inginaire is looking for a Machine Design Engineer to work 1st Shift for our client, a premier supplier of made-to-order precision-machined components and assemblies for several industries, located in Bloomington, MN. The ideal candidate in this position will be responsible for performing engineering duties necessary to develop and deploy custom automation equipment. Specifically, this work includes using innovative thinking, concepting, development, 3D modeling, and detailing of mechanical systems. The overall intent is to provide equipment and systems which are safe, reliable, and flexible while providing their intended function. This is a long-term Contract Position.
- Design custom automation equipment and systems through the application of engineering analysis and tools.
- Participate on cross-functional teams with other engineering disciplines and project management to develop innovative and feasible designs.
- Evaluate performance of new or existing equipment and initiate steps to modify or improve.
- Assist in the development of equipment costs and design hours for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Provide ownership of mechanical project elements through; Concept, design, detailing, build support, and startup phases ensuring the successful conclusion.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering and a minimum of three years machine design experience with custom automation equipment.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling software.
- Ability to explore and develop new technologies and process techniques.