Humera is looking for an HR Generalist for our client in St. Paul, MN. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, this position will partner with the business, providing tactical business imperatives to drive short and long term goals. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This is 6-8 week contract. This could be contract to hire.
- Provides general administrative support to the HR department
- Support the full-cycle staffing process while partnering with hiring managers to ensure a positive experience for both internal and external applicants
- Manage employee relations issues (terminations, performance issues, conflicts, complaints, counseling, etc.)
- Counsel employees and/or managers as needed regarding employee relation issues.
- Respond to questions and concerns from employees in regard to human resources programs and services;
- Resolve questions, concerns and work with management regarding sensitive or potential issues.
- Work on a variety of special projects as required related to the development and implementation of business needs and HR policies and programs
- Drive and communicate short-term, annual and longer-term strategic HR planning process, ensuring leadership support.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) or more years of direct experience working in an HR role
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional certification (PHR or SPHR)
- HRIS (SuccessFactors) and payroll software (ADP) experience
- Superb consulting and critical thinking skills.
- Business acumen and solid understanding of company strategy, business and competitive positioning.
- Proven ability to coach, advise and collaborate with senior executives on organizational effectives and HR issues