Pro Staff in partnership with a large biorefinery plant located in Bingham Lake have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Technician. The Plant Technician is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment and performing routine maintenance in a highly automated chemical facility.
Job requirements include:
- Learn, maintain and operate all processes associated with the plant where required.
- Responsible for performing repairs and maintenance of plant equipment and documentation of activities.
- Learn and operate DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant.
- Learn and perform basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Follow procedures for plant start-up, shut-down, cleaning and batching.
- Maintain accurate and timely logs.
- Respond to collected data and make adjustments to optimize plant operation. Do quality control tests on product streams and make necessary adjustments.
- Remove, install, rebuild, lubricate and clean all equipment associated with plant processes.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks as directed.
- Maintain a clean facility and follow the sanitation schedule completing all tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for notifying management team of safety, environmental, quality and production concerns, problems and opportunities.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a production environment preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience with fabrication, welding, torching, cutting, gearbox repair, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventative maintenance, instrument and electrical work preferred.
- Experience with software systems, such as Maximo, preferred.
- Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.