Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at North Dakota State University School of Pharmacy is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, with an ambulatory care specialist practice at Family HealthCare Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center in Fargo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and teaching a variety of ambulatory care topics within the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) didactic pharmacotherapy curriculum, such as management of gastrointestinal and pulmonary disorders, and chronic kidney disease. Additional topics will be taught in a case-based course and/or other didactic curriculum. The individual will provide ambulatory care clinical services and will precept Pharm.D. students during Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences at Family HealthCare Center. Additionally, the successful candidate is expected to perform research/scholarship, as well as service to the School/College/University.
- Pharm.D. degree
- Completed/completing a PGY1 ASHP-accredited residency, or have accumulated at least three years of recent and consistent experience in ambulatory care clinical pharmacy practice, including direct patient care
- Eligible for pharmacist licensure in North Dakota
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Demonstration of self-development
- Completed/completing a PGY2 residency in ambulatory care
- Accumulated more than 3 years of consistent experience in ambulatory care clinical pharmacy practice
- Clinical experience with collaborative drug therapy management, including anticoagulation management
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Experience with MTM platforms, such as Outcomes and Mirixa
- Teaching experience in pharmacy or medical programs
- Precepting experience in pharmacy or medical programs
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care or Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Additional certifications in ambulatory care areas, such as Certified Diabetes Educator, Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist, Certified Asthma Educator, etc.
- Research/scholarship experience
- Experience with procuring and managing grants
Screening will begin 8/31/17 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, which contains statements of career goals, immediate and long-term teaching
interests, and research aspirations and interests; a curriculum vitae; and names of 3 references to: https://jobs.ndsu.edu/.
NDSU is an equal opportunity institution.