Sr Scrum Master
JOIN US AS A SCRUM MASTER
This position will be based in Downtown Minneapolis.
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile devices, and in the retail channels of the future.
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you are accountable for working with engineering and product teams to deliver capabilities that meet overall business strategy and objectives using agile methodologies. The key to the success of this position is partnering with Product Managers and coaching the engineering team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the backlog and that Agile/Scrum processes are followed to improve team effectiveness.
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you'll take the lead as you…
- Understand key business objectives and strategy of the product, and help communicate to the team in partnership with the Product Owners
- Partner with Product Owners to manage and prioritize stories for the engineers
- Coordinate and facilitate Product Chartering, story mapping, sprint/release planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and demos
- Enable the product team to meet sprint goals by helping to removing roadblocks
- Foster and coach the team for adoption of Agile tools and practices
- Establish and track productivity and efficiency metrics
- Drive high efficiency of the scrum team by identifying, preventing and eliminating potential issues and roadblocks across partner teams and products
- Provide visibility into progress by maintaining backlog, burndown charts, velocity analysis, etc.
- Work collaboratively with infrastructure, information security and other partners
- 5+ years' experience as a Scrum Master (or equivalent experience) working in an Agile environment managing product or program demonstrating effective coordination of engineering, merchandising, and technology stakeholders
- Understanding of test-driven development and software test automation processes
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs and execute on a business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical approach & drive technical discussions
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and leadership skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
- Experience in an engineering role
- Experience in leading or managing individuals
- Working knowledge of Agile tools (e.g. JIRA, VersonOne)
- Work experience in a product environment