Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Responsible for the strategic development and execution of marketing promotions and events to drive profitable business growth for Club M members and entice new club membership. Oversees the implementation of events and promotions to retain existing guests and acquire new ones. Responsible for accurate budgeting and proforma memo for Board of Directors and Gaming Commission approval. In consultation with Director of Marketing and Business Intelligence, provide performance analysis against proforma forecast. Recommends new promotion concepts and ideas based on proforma results.
Assists in the development of the annual budget for Marketing Department and special promotions and events. Monitors expenditures to ensure adherence to the budget including accruals, variances and re-forecasting.
- Plans, manages and oversees the implementation of marketing programs, special promotions, and events, including planning the prize structure and defining the promotion. Identifies the nature of problems and actions that need to be taken to achieve operational goals. Communicates with other departments regarding events and promotions and coordinates efforts to ensure smooth operations. Ensures all promotions and events are fully compliant with SMSC GE policies and procedures.
- Coordinates marketing-related internal communications (printed collateral, recorded voice messages, closed circuit television messages, electronic signage, etc.) for Marketing department programs related to promotions and events.
- Assist with design and execution of instantaneous promotions for the Casinos that drive play, covers, and hotel occupancy. Develops canned instantaneous promotions with collateral support via all media/communication options that can be implemented immediately. Communicates and works with other departments to determine criteria / standard procedures for instantaneous promotions usage.
- Creates weekly schedules and assigns/manages tasks to accommodate workflow. Maintains an ongoing schedule of promotions
- Provides information and support to Director of Database Marketing associated with promotions, events, and entertainment. May also work with requesting departments on specific projects.
- Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members. This includes team member training and developing, completing performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Provides information necessary to generate reports on events and promotion results.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of a post-high school education in Business, Marketing, or related field and experience in event-planning/promotions to equal seven years.
- Advanced proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, and electronic mail.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.