Administrative Assistant - Office of the Endowed Chairs for Mission
The Center for Mission invites applicants for an Administrative Assistant. This is a 30-hour per week staff position beginning immediately. Hours during the summer and in January may be less than in other months dependent on scheduling.
This position serves as support for the work of the three Mission Chairs. Each Mission Chair is responsible for the University's unique tripartite Mission - Catholic identity, women's education, and liberal arts; the three work in collaboration to cultivate Mission integration and infusion among faculty and staff at the University.
• Office reception and assistance to visitors including, faculty, staff, students, and external community
• Administrative and office support to the three Mission Chairs, including hospitality for meetings, workshops, travel, and events
• Program support, including scheduling and organizing logistics for guest speaker, reading groups, and workshops
• Coordinating with multiple offices, departments, and programs on and off campus to facilitate the integrated work of the three Mission Chairs
• Committee and meeting support, including taking and transcribing minutes
• Calendar, mail, and e-mail management; Data entry, budget, and information support
• Maintenance of browsing library; File management and maintenance of office supplies
We seek a mature and experienced Administrative Assistant. BA or BS preferred; 3 years administrative assistant experience; excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; must have efficient computer skills and design skills with competency and some advanced skills with Google software, Squarespace, and Microsoft Office. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented with demonstrated experience in handling sensitive and confidential materials in a gracious and professional manner. Good problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, familiarity with social-media platforms, the social intelligence to create hospitable environments, and the ability to multi-task while attending to detail and priority in a fast-paced environment are required. We are looking for candidates who have a proven ability and desire to work across differences such as race, gender identity, ability, age, and other marginalized identities.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable staff, who enjoy working in a university climate that seeks to promote cultural diversity and values multiple perspectives. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their work.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org