Field Service Technician
Inginaire is looking for a Field Service Technician for our client in St. Paul, MN. This position is direct hire with competitive pay and benefits! Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of in-motion weighing and metering products for dry material handling applications in the mining, construction aggregates, food, chemical and plastics industries. The person in this role will install, test, repair, maintain and adjust indicating, recording, calibrating, telemetering and controlling instruments used to measure and control variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force and chemical composition.
- Analyze technical requirements of customer desiring to utilize electronic equipment and perform installation and maintenance duties.
- Inspects components of equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Tests faulty equipment, using testing equipment and applying knowledge of functional operation of electronic unit and system to diagnose malfunction.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance and suggestions for product improvements.
- Enters information into computer to copy program or to draw, modify or store schematics applying knowledge of software package used.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to equipment breakdown.
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals and other specs to determine installation procedures.
- Operates equipment to demonstrate use of equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
- Replaces and/or repairs defective components, using hand tools and technical documents.
- Calibrates testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment.
- 2 year technical degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience with system integration, networking, and software interfaces
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to life up to 25 pounds, with a valid drivers license