Creative Corner Program Manager
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Creative Corner Program Manager position within the Anderson Student Center.
The Creative Corner in the Anderson Student Center is a collaborative space located in the Anderson Student Center. The Creative Corner is a design-build-play facility equipped with a wide spectrum of tools and technologies, provided for students of all disciplines to conceptualize, grow, prototype, and refine creative ideas. Creative Corner Program Manager will work to fulfill the Creative Corner’s vision: to create and facilitate multidisciplinary opportunities for more St. Thomas students to touch innovation and creative activities through increased visibility, partnership with units around the University, via a shared space and coordinated activities.
The Creative Corner Program Manager is responsible for the oversight/day-to-day operation of the services provided in the Creative Corner and at Tommie Central. This individual works with external and internal experts to organize and execute workshops, projects, competitions and talks at the Creative Corner that align with learning outcomes. In addition, the Creative Corner Program Manager will manage, maintain and improve the physical space and equipment, market programs & events and build a web presence for the space, assess program effectiveness, learning outcomes and space usage, and supervise, train and schedule undergraduate and graduate student employees. This position will have occasional night and weekend programming and event responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of the Anderson Student Center.
The following are the essential functions of the Creative Corner Program Manager:
1. Organize and execute workshops, projects, competitions, and talks within the Creative Corner Space that align with learning outcomes.
- Partner with faculty, student organizations, departments and other internal and external experts.
- Plan a dynamic Creative Corner schedule of events.
- Research and develop new materials and technologies that would benefit student learning and creativity.
- Night and weekend programming and event responsibilities.
2. Market programs and events.
- Promote and create excitement about the Creative Corner and its events through social media portals.
- Build and maintain social media and web presence for the space and related programming.
- Network with campus community, alumni and local community to identify new opportunities for the students and the university.
3. Provide oversight for the day-to-day operation of the services provided in the Creative Corner and at Tommie Central.
- Manage Creative Corner inventory and track budget expenditures and transactions.
- Manage and maintains all machines and equipment, troubleshooting and performing simple repairs as applicable.
- Keep supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns.
- Organize and maintain the physical space and tools.
- Uses previous experience on ground to suggest ways to improve the space.
- Supervise, train and schedule undergraduate and graduate employees, including 1-2 Graduate Student Assistants.
- Assist in maintaining ongoing evaluation of space.
- Provide leadership in development, dissemination and implementation of policies, regulations and procedures related to the Creative Corner.
- Design, development and produce timely data and reports documenting the Creative Corner’s operation, programming and effectiveness.
4. Participate in Student Affairs divisional initiatives and professional development training.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and four years of program administration/office management experience.
Preferred qualifications: Master's degree in a relevant field, experience with event planning, and experience working within a higher education environment.
Successful candidates will have:
Knowledge of: event planning and marketing techniques; hands-on experiential learning; modern technological equipment including 3D design/printing, and other tools to assist in design processes.
Skill in: event planning; marketing (online and print) and assessment; multi-tasking; working with students; planning and organizing space and events; training others in policies and procedures related to the work; assisting in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; developing effective work teams; providing excellent customer service; interpreting, applying, and explaining regulations and procedures; using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; preparing clear and concise reports, correspondance, and other written materials; dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone; speaking English effectively to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Ability to: learn on the job; reflect on successes and failures to improve practice; establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members; communicate effectively; engage in self-directed learning that can assist in building this new program.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer