Scale Attendant (PT) - Organic Recycling Facility
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
Operates the scale house to record weights, generate basic billing information and accept payments for drop-off and sales. Perform maintenance and clerical duties as required to support operations.
- Weigh incoming loads and calculate rates based on load content. Direct driver to proper tipping area. Input data into computer accurately.
- Provides a receipt for the customer and documents the waste entering the facility. Receives payment from customers. Balances the daily receipts to ensure accurate record keeping and appropriate billing.
- Perform routine cleaning of scale house to ensure it is neat, organized, safe and clean.
- Provide information and/or assistance regarding rules, regulations and operating procedures to customers using facility. Answers the telephone and provides general information to callers.
- Maintain records and logs of facility and weighing activity.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Basic knowledge in word-processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail software.
- Ability to pass basic math test.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- On feet or standing 80% of shift
- Odors / fumes
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Work Schedule - This position will require some flexability and availability with working between (6am to 6pm)
Ability to operate computer software, data entry, attention to detail and communicate effectively with customers.