The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for one of three Systems Analyst positions within the Information Technology Services Department.
These positions exist primarily to provide technical and operational support for all student information users. The persons in this position will serve as a primary expert and technological specialist responsible to design, create, develop, maintain and manipulate systems to manage and utilize student data in such a way as to ensure data integrity and data access across the university and to external constituents in relation all aspects of student information and includes the following key tasks:
Ensure the validity and integrity of the data that are flowing into, being utilized, manipulated and delivered out of the institutional data systems:
- Design systems to efficiently and effectively store, manipulate and utilize student information.
- Develop standards and systems to store, manipulate and utilize student information using multiple technologies.
- Automate the manipulation of student information.
- Create and review list and summary reports about students and their admission, financial aid and student activities to validate student information and outputs.
- Establish and document test plans for implementing changes and upgrades.
- Evaluate and suggest opportunities for improvement both technologically and procedurally.
- Document and communicate procedural elements of the movement and protection of student data.
Provide data reporting services:
Assist in the identification, development, and delivery of a comprehensive reporting system that supports data integrity efforts and administrative decision-making.
- Write and distribute reports of data from university systems to support data management and integrity, including testing validity of data manipulation.
- Provide advanced programming support to the process and system communication analysts.
Document and communicate data process procedures:
- Create and maintain documentation for all student data information and manipulation procedures.
- Create and maintain training documentation for system analyst team including student interns and student workers.
These are full-time, benefits eligible positions. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and three years of professional level experience providing technical and systems design and development. Experience to include the following: demonstrated technical skill designing and developing tools in student information systems and databases, including ERP, imaging solutions and reporting; experience with database design and data manipulation; and identifying and troubleshooting information integrity issues.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skill have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in a relevant field, and experience working with at least two of the following programs: Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Optix, Cognos ReportNet, Appworx, and SQL or similar tools for managing data and documents, automation and reporting.
Knowledge of: database design, programming, extraction (querying), and manipulation of data. Computer applications such as Ellucian, Banner, Salesforce, Optix, Cognos, ReportNet, Appworx, and SQL or similar applications for managing data automation and reporting. Strong knowledge of personal computer systems, MS Windows platform, business application software, word processors, spreadsheets, databases, database reporting tools, and query languages.
Skill in: Excellent analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal skills.
Abilities: The ability to identify and troubleshoot complex system issues. The ability to interpret information and apply it to a situation. The ability to identify problems and take initiative to find solutions. The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Exhibit the ability to visualize data in a multi-dimensional way as data are processed, understanding how data informs the bigger picture.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer