Surface Wellhead Service Technicians
Atterro is looking for a Service Wellhead Service Technician for our client who is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, they are transforming clients’ project economics. The successful Service Wellhead Service Technician will install repair and troubleshoot surface wellhead systems. These technicians have achieved competence, with expertise, in the majority of units and have proven their ability to provide the customer with high quality service in most areas. Must maintain a minimum competency level of 27 and continue to train to meet all competency levels
- Works independently to install new products and conducts repairs of company equipment insuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining assets of the company.
- Provides project start-up expertise, to include oversight during first installations
- Assures all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use and function fit prior to beginning each job. Records critical dimensions to ensure assembly will work and obtains or creates product running procedures.
- Provides “Project Support” as required, for all new projects which includes: attending design review for equipment and tools, reviewing installation procedures, assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and reviewing project training requirements for service personnel.
- Maintains communication with Company Representative on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
- Provides sales support through quality customer interface and keeps customer fully informed of all aspects of the job. Handles customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Completes Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) forms as product problems are encountered. Assures all equipment and procedural defects are communicated back to company Service Management.
- Prepares and submits Field Service Orders and other region required reports after each job is complete. Completes a Tally book or other form to communicate procedures, spare parts, critical dimensions and customer questions and complaints.
- Understands and follows all company and customer safety requirements. Proactively pursues safe work practices, recommends safe work practices/procedures and participates in safety meetings and safety training.
- Assists with training of less experienced technicians.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- High school degree or GED. Technical/vocational/or military training or related experience.
- Two years college a plus.
- Two to five years mechanical, electronic and hydraulic related experience in an oilfield equipment environment and successful completion of the Company Surface Service Apprentice Program.
- Valid driver’s license. Physically fit and able.
- Customer service skills - communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Organized and systematic with troubleshooting and problem assessment skills. Systems oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Company Operating Procedures and Quality Manual. START Safety Program. In-depth training for the specific products (To include On-The-Job, shop and classroom), Service Skills Training Class, Petex Drilling Technology, Introduction to Marine Drilling.
- Instruction on all paperwork requirements (Field Service Orders, expense reports, etc.) Standard OSHA requirements (forklift, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.) and EPA requirements. Continues to train to meet all competency levels.
- Candidate must be able to work 21/5 schedule.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Odessa, TX.
Nearest Major Market: Midland Nearest Secondary Market: Midland
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.