Accounts Receivable Accountant
Immediate opening to work in an excellent work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and rewarding work assignments with major opportunities for advancement. This could be your opportunity to join a growing , fast-paced company that is setting superior standards in their industry.
The Accounts Receivable Accountant will be responsible for managing the company’s Accounts Receivable and collections, assisting the Controller with the month end close process and analyzing financial information to ensure proper application of GAAP.
Successful candidates will have an excellent Microsoft Excel experience with a strong desire and willingness to learn. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, professional with the ability to adapt quickly and will have strong analytical, problem solving skills. Great communication and customer service skills are essential in this position.
• Process and reconcile Accounts Receivable including the proper application of payments which includes communication with customers, sales and operating locations
• Process and properly record customer payments, including payment remittance via credit card, check, ACH, EFT and wires
• Process customer credit applications and properly set up customer accounts in sales software
• Maintain customer records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies
• Prepare and maintain, as necessary, schedules to support transactions and ledger balances
• Actively participate in month end close process, including accruals, trial balance reviews and necessary adjusting journal entries
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of high-value ledger accounts as assigned by Corporate Controller
• Provide accounting guidance to personnel based on research and proper application of GAAP; develop accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
• Assist Controller with day-to-day processes, additional duties and projects as needed or assigned
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
• 1-3 years of applicable experience required
• Highly professional and strong written and oral communication with a customer service focus
• Must be a team player, fully capable of working with other departments
• General ledger and reconciliation experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; QuickBooks or ERP experience preferred
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and a desire to drive change and improve processes
• Willing to learn and grow into other areas of accounting, including Accounts Payable, Treasury, Costing, General Ledger management, etc.
• Data processing experience including business accounting applications
• Strong multi-tasking skills, self-motivated, highly detail oriented and organized
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.