Health Promotion Programmer
The Department of Counseling and Health Promotion for the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University invite applications for the fulltime (.75) position of Health Promotion Programmer.
The Health Promotion Programmer works with and under the direction of the Assistant Director of Health Promotion to coordinate health education and health promotion at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University. This position utilizes assessment data regarding students' health behavior and understanding of health, best practices in the field, research, and supervisory input to assist in development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion activities and campaigns, particularly peer programming strategies. In addition, this position will assist with the hiring, training and supervision of student employees for peer programming activities at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University. This role may call for interdisciplinary collaboration with staff and faculty on both campuses.
- Provides supervision and mentoring to the health promotion peer educators (Health Advocates at CSB and Health Initiative at SJU) under the direction of the Assistant Director of Health Promotion.
- Develops, implements, conducts and evaluates peer programming training.
- Assists in the development and implementation of health promotion campaigns and activities under the direction of the Assistant Director of Health Promotion.
- Utilizes collaborative strategies involving staff, faculty, students, and parents to assist in creating and promoting an environment that supports and encourages healthy behaviors.
- Works in collaboration with staff from Residential Life, CSB Health Services, Athletics, Student Activities and Leadership Development, Campus Ministry, International Programs, Multicultural Programs, Recreation, and Career Services to identify student behaviors that should be targeted for health promotion campaigns.
- Provides educational opportunities regarding student health issues to the community at large.
- Participates in campus wide committees.
- Attends Professional Development opportunities as deemed appropriate.
- Masters degree preferred, 4 year degree in public health, community health, communication, marketing or related.
- 1 - 2 years experience in a college setting
- Experience programming and campaign development preferred.
- Experience working with college students preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge about health issues related to college-aged population.
- Knowledge about assessment, programming, and evaluation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professional staff and faculty.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends for programs.
- Demonstrated integrity related to professional standards and ethics.
- Ability to interact with the CSB/SJU community as an integral part of the staff and faculty.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are accepted online at http://employment.csbsju.edu . Interested applicants should complete the application form and submit a cover letter and resume. Official transcript required at hire.
If you require special accommodations to participate in the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University hiring process, please contact us at (320) 363-2508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin August 8, 2017.
It is the policy of CSB and SJU to conduct pre-employment background checks. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Women, individuals of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers.