Sr. Mechanical Engineer
We are working with a rapidly growing company in Eagan that is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team. You will have the power to manage all design activities for new product development projects throughout the entire development cycle, from initial concept through production implementation. This is a great opportunity get in on the ground level of an expanding company and immediately contribute to NPD.
- Lead project meetings to implement new product using the gate system.
- Present concepts and designs in regular reviews to management, sales, and customers.
- Design, prototype, develop, and implement products and applications as required by Engineering Manager for customers.
- Document, disclose, protect, and seek patent protection on qualified new products.
- Complete FMEA, DOE's, mistake proofing and tolerance analysis reports on designs as required.
- Write test procedures and reports to verify product design specifications (PDS).
- Work with Engineering technicians to complete prototype/production product testing required for validating to customer conformance specifications.
- Provide project status to Engineering Manager.
- Maintain schedule and budget on projects.
- Integrate new product into Manufacturing.
- Interface with sales, marketing and production.
- Interface with customers and suppliers.
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field. - 8+ years of progressive experience relating to mechanical and fluid products design.
- A wide breadth of experience with mechanical systems.
- Expertise with the design of machined and injection molded components.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Highly competent in technical writing and verbal presentations.
- Hands on experience with engineering validation.
- Electrical and programming experience a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, small team environment under minimal supervision.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.