DEPARTMENT: Finance / Accounting
JOB TITLE: Accountant - Temporary
REPORTS TO: Assistant Controller
PURPOSE: To fill a critical Finance Department role during SAP implementation and perform various monthly accounting related responsibilities while other team members involved in key implementation meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with the coordination of the monthly closing process and produce financial schedules and/or statements in a timely manner.
• Manage the flow of information to and from international subsidiaries, sister companies, and parent company.
• Coordinate and maintain the integrity of account reconciliations, key financial schedules.
• Prepare specific account analyses and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Assist in preparing monthly expense fluctuation analyses with explanations.
• Assist with preparing supporting documentation for quarterly and year end S.E.C. filings requirements.
• Assist with Chart of Account maintenance, including adding G/L accounts, deactivating G/L accounts, and mapping of all G/L accounts to various financial statements.
• Support of key accounting responsibilities - fixed assets, revenue recognition, S&U taxes, bank reconciliations, etc.
• Assist with inter-company reconciliations
• Work closely with external and internal financial auditors compiling information to compete various audits.
• As a process owner, ensure all internal controls are being followed and any reporting requirements for the related job responsibilities are completed. Maintain current SOX documentation and support the Company’s internal audit function in testing of business processes.
• Various filing, scanning, and other documentation requests as directed.
• Recording of month-end journal entries and accruals as assigned.
• Work on special projects for management as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting is required with a minimum of five years of relevant experience. Must be systems proficient, with strong emphasis in using Excel software.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills are critical to success.
Attention to detail is a must. Experience with foreign currency translations and transactions a plus.
Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and practices are essential.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.