A progressive, fast paced company is seeking a high energy, dedicated purchasing clerk to join its team. The Purchasing Clerk is a hybrid role responsible for both assisting Purchasing through data entry of purchase orders into the accounting system and receiving functions delivered to the Company. The specifics include tracking orders and following up on open orders with vendors and end users. Other duties include verification and accuracy of orders, resolving discrepancies and maintaining the chemical inventory database.
• Daily data entry of purchase orders into accounting system which includes assignment of general ledger codes, project, task and sub account codes on all items ordered.
• Interface with new vendors to obtain proper paperwork for new supplier creation including completion of the New Supplier Information Form and necessary tax forms.
• Working with Accounts Payable to research discrepancies on invoices and calling vendors to resolve and /or obtain credit.
• Interact with end users and vendors to track orders to get expected delivery dates.
• Follow up on older Purchase Orders and work with the end user and vendors to resolve and close out if necessary.
• Work as back up to the purchasing associate, processing purchasing requisitions in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge/skill in using pc and computer software, including EXCEL, WORD and SAP.
• Display financial acumen when working with numbers and pricing.
• Ability to effectively communicate in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
• Prioritize and maintain focus will coordinating multiple activities and duties simultaneously.
• Close attention to detail.
• Ability to make independent judgments within scope of responsibility.
• Purchasing and inventory control experience is a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.