Sr Manager Safety
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTIONDevelopment and ownership of safety programs and processes for the Stores, Supply Chain and HQ at Target. Ensure program compliance with regulations, reduce the risk of injuries and support a safety culture. Provide safety expertise on cross functional teams to deliver safe processes, engineering and ergonomic solutions in support of stores and supply chain initiatives. Establish measures to assess impacts and performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into stores and supply chain processes.Maintains safety subject matter expertise, credentials and engages industry resources as appropriate. Provides compliance support to store and supply chain teams and manages and serves as the representative of Target Corporation in OSHA related events. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESSafety Processes:
- Works with business project sponsors to identify innovative solutions and project requirements to ensure compliant and safe processes.
- Engages the participation and support from appropriate cross-pyramid business areas and senior management in development and rollout of safety programs.
- Utilizes 6SIGMA tools and black belt support as appropriate to achieve project goals.
- Identifies necessary data and analysis requirements and procures the resources to meet those requirements.
- Provides regular in-progress updates to project sponsors and senior management in participating pyramids.
- Establishes appropriate testing processes and project plans to ensure process changes function as expected and meet the business needs and desired outcomes.
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Develops and maintain safety processes for Target stores, distribution and HQs that maintains in compliance with those regulations.
- Responds to safety related citations and participates in informal conferences to negotiate with regulatory agencies involved with enforcement actions against Target Corporation.
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to other departments on safety related regulatory compliance issues.
- Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure compliance and safety elements are incorporated into training processes and best practices.
- Routinely analyzes injury frequency and trends through reporting and escalation processes. Identifies ways to reduce the risk of injuries or exposure to compliance and brand risks.
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
- Develops and implements measures and reporting to assess safety outcomes and compliance expectations.
- Develops communication strategies that leverage existing communication outlets to support compliance projects and initiative roll outs.
- Bachelors Degree B.A./B.S.
- Industry expertise and certification in Safety (CSP), Ergonomics or related field
- 6-8 years business experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as required