Engineer - Infrastructure Services- Storage
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER - INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES - STORAGEOur team is looking for a results focused and innovative engineer to help us develop the next generation of storage for applications and virtualized environments. This position focuses on the deployment and management of physical storage while automating the provisioning, lifecycle and operations necessary to manage a 30+PB storage footprint. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams, engineers and leaders was we enable the future of cloud and compute products for Target.Use and enhance your skills, experience and talents as part of an innovative and visionary team. As an Engineer, you'll…
- Lead and participate in construction, automation, and implementation activities ensuring successful implementation while meeting architectural and operational requirements
- Apply experience to improve automation of storage & server implementation and management practices - experience with automation coding capabilities associated with Chef a plus
- Continuously develops and enhances storage hardware, operating system, and related technologies as a set of products and services.
- Transform health management/monitoring solutions using open source technologies lending to preventative maintenance strategies, troubleshooting, self-healing, and problem resolution.
- Constant engagement with engineers, partner teams and leaders to ensure systems are aligned with overall IT policies, standards, and project priorities.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years total work experience
- Possess a growth mindset, ready to learn and help transform technology
- Self-motivated individual willing to drive results and work with other team members to build amazing solutions
- Has in-depth knowledge of technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise and stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Strong experience or expert in various operating systems - with an emphasis in Linux (RHEL/CentOS 6/7 or any other Linux Variant - Debian/Ubuntu)
- Moderate to deep experience in scripting skills in Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience managing virtualized environments utilizing KVM, Hyper-V, Xen, OpenStack on FC, iSCSI, NFS storage
- Infrastructure administration experience working in large distributed environments
- Working knowledge of patch deployment and software distribution tools (YUM, RPM, Spacewalk)
- Strong experience utilizing CI/CD technologies (Git, Chef, Jenkins/Drone)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and analytics tools (Grafana, Sensu, ELK, Telegraf/Influx)
- Experience creating secure infrastructure through automation
- OpenStack, Kubernetes and Spinnaker experience a plus