Business Office Specialist
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The role of the Business Office Specialist is to coordinate activities within the Business Office in the areas of Admissions, Scheduling, Insurance Verifications/Pre-Certifications, and Medical Records.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred
- Experience in a surgical facility preferred.
- Ability to interface with insurance carriers, with a strong understanding of patient benefits.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, able to speak effectively to internal and external customers required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Admits patients to the Facility following the established policies and procedures.
- Collect patient out of pocket responsibilities at the time of check in, acknowledge collection on the SC1000 Scheduling Report, and sign off on daily receipts.
- Assembles patient medical record forms and prepares patient identification.
- Provides pertinent information to the patient's family in the waiting area according to policies and procedures.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously and in a quiet, pleasant voice.
- Maintains and protects each patient's right to confidentiality.
- Identifies emergencies and initiates appropriate response.
- Considers priorities and special needs when scheduling surgical procedures.
- Maintains schedule according to policies on nursing and anesthesia staff availability, patient needs and physician's block time.
- Coordinates schedule in a manner to minimize conflict, and adjusts schedule as appropriate.
Insurance Verifications/Pre-Certification Responsibilities
- Act as liaison between patient, physician office, and insurance company to assist patients with regards to financial responsibility.
- Notify all scheduled patients of their financial responsibility prior to their date of service.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefits using technology tools, the telephone and the internet to ensure compliance with the facilities policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with insurance providers and the physician office to obtain pre-authorizations. Document the authorizations in the system patient accounts.
- Obtain information for medical necessity determination and coordinate with the physician office if additional information is needed.
- Communicate with patients to obtain any missing information necessary to achieve financial clearance.
- Perform Benefit verifications on all new patients.
- Obtains and verifies patient demographic and financial information
Medical Records Responsibilities
- Check each medical record for completeness, marking and attaching a deficiency slip as needed.
- Performs release of information functions as necessary, per facility policy, state and federal regulations, and HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain a log of record requests received, processed, and mailed out.
- Assist Medical Staff with completion of medical records.
General Business Office Responsibilities
- Cross train as required to assist with overflow responsibilities.
- Exhibit flexibility in work schedules and assigned tasks.
- Maintains minimal error rate.
- Participates in group meetings and/or various committees.
- Makes suggestions on workflow improvements.
- Notifies Business Office Manager of any issues.
- Maintains a positive attitude toward their position and responsibilities.
- Other duties and project work as requested.
Apply by sending resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Business Office Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly