Program Coordinator/Interpreter - ASL and Interpreting Program
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul campus, invites applications for a fulltime position as a Program Coordinator and Interpreter in the ASL and Interpreting Program. This position is to administer activities for effective implementation of the mission and goals of the ASL & Interpreting program. The position plays a significant role in program student enrollment and recruitment through management of day to day operations of and communications for the program. This includes coordinating interpreting needs and periodic interpreting for ASL & Interpreting faculty and students.
• Communications – Establish and maintain communication flow and harmonious working relationships with all contacts within and outside of the program including faculty, current and prospective students, alumni and community members and university departments particularly Academic Affairs, Admissions, Marketing and Communications, Registrar Student Affairs in person, via email and written communication.
• Events – Coordinate all aspects of department events including department meetings and retreats (3-4 times per year), advising meetings, senior presentations, classroom visitors.
• Department Interpreter Coordination and Interpreting – Work with Department Chair and faculty, coordinate department interpreting needs, including monitoring schedules to identify need for interpreters, securing interpreting services, collecting and reviewing invoices, and processing payment, either within the department or forwarding the invoice to responsible department for payment. Provide interpreting services for one-on-one meetings within the department, between faculty, students and staff.
• Maintain information and generate reports – Work closely with Department Chair and Department Assessment Lead (DAL) to maintain data and develop required annual reports, internal website and social media.
• Classroom and registration information – Coordinate classroom and registration for the program and the registrar.
• Administration – Reconcile monthly credit card statement; order and maintain program supplies; with the Department Chair, monitor the program budget; prepare faculty contracts, as directed by the department chair; calendaring for various department activities - student advising, meetings, other events; attend and participate in department meetings and take minutes. Maintains program student and adjunct faculty handbooks.
• With Department Chair and faculty, interview student support candidates, coordinate hire and train. Assign work on a regular basis and evaluate.
• Associate degree required; Bachelor degree, RID (Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf) Certification, preferred.
• Knowledge of academic requirements of the program, of university policies and procedures regarding undergraduate and graduate programs; general knowledge of university operations and personnel helpful.
• Computer proficiency: Word, Dropbox, Google Drive, Excel. Comfort with Apple products - Ipad, MacBook, etc.
• Ability to interpret one-on-one meetings and brief meetings with faculty, students and staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with American Sign Language or English.
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive student and faculty materials.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and ability to work independently; ability to organize and prioritize work.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org