Office 365 and SharePoint Service Analyst
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Office 365 and SharePoint Service Analyst position within the Information Technology Services Department.
This position is the subject matter expert, service owner, technical developer, and support for the St. Thomas Office 365 environment, including SharePoint Online. The person in this position uses industry trends and best practices to design, implement and support the University’s Microsoft Office 365 tenant and partners with clients on implementing tools to improve processes and workflow.
1. Design, develop, implement, and support O365 tenant. Act as subject matter expert and service owner for Office 365 and SharePoint Online, rolling out new services to the St. Thomas community as appropriate and following best practices and industry trends. Utilize governance structures to make decisions about implementations, tools and configurations. Lead the integration of O365 services with Azure AD and other federated services and utilize scripting when appropriate.
2. Act as service owner, collaborating with University departments and department technicians to determine and implement appropriate technology. Communicate with business units and department technicians on a regular basis to understand evolving business process needs. Provide thought leadership, consultation, support, and training regarding ways to maximize use of technology for the University.
3. Manage or participate in projects related to the Office 365 environment. Follow ITS guidelines for managing projects. Perform project tasks independently, and direct the efforts of others.
4. Troubleshoot and escalate issues related to the Office 365 environment.
5. Remain current with technology trends and follow ITS process for projects management, service management, and ITS communications while staying informed about customer communications and technology trends. Manage own personal and professional development, seeking opportunities for expansion of technical and consulting skills and experiences.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: BA in computer sciences or a related field, and two years of professional level experience providing information systems customer support to include experience supporting Office 365 and SharePoint Online, troubleshooting, matching technology solutions with business need. SharePoint Online development work experience including InfoPath forms development and workflow development using SharePoint Designer and/or Visual Studio. Office 365 back-end administration experience. Excellent customer service skills and experience supporting technology in an educational setting. Experience supporting Office 365 and SharePoint Online, troubleshooting, matching technology solutions with business need. SharePoint Online development work experience including InfoPath forms development and workflow development using SharePoint Designer and/or Visual Studio. Office 365 back-end administration experience. PowerShell scripting experience.
Preferred qualifications: ITIL based project management experience in leading large projects; demonstrate a solid understanding of ITIL project management processes, methodologies, and techniques, and a proven record of accomplishment delivering projects on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction in previous roles. SharePoint Framework, typescript, REST, Git, and Graph API.
Knowledge of: Understanding Microsoft vision and direction and staying current on trends and industry best practices. Understand and stay informed of University trends and deliver solutions addressing key needs. A solid understanding of systems analysis, design, and programming techniques. Existing skills and experience in this space are imperative for the candidate to act as the Subject Matter Expert in the Microsoft application area.
Skill in: Identifying opportunities and evaluate functionality to increase business value. Strong human relation skills, with experience interacting with internal and external customers, colleagues, and management. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Understanding Microsoft vision and direction and staying current on trends and industry best practices.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer