Lead Packaging Planner
TAKE THE LEAD AS A LEAD PACKAGING PLANNERUse your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Be the packaging expert in multiple business cross functional teams and within Marketing. Lead the category level packaging work. Apply your expert-level understanding of marketplace, consumer and category trends as well as broader marketing and merchandising strategies to develop innovative solutions. Lead others in understanding how packaging design and messaging delivers on Target owned brand principles and positioning. Effectively collaborate with key cross-functional leaders to identify and drive strategic initiatives that support owned brand business. \\Develop, prioritize and advocate for strategies that support Target's key strategic initiatives and communicate in an inspiring way. See solutions from a Guest's perspective and deliver against business needs without sacrificing brand integrity. As a Lead Packaging Planner, you'll take the lead as you…
- Lead packaging efforts across multiple categories, including establishing priorities and evaluating requests
- Establish packaging budget; be active in planning process and active in anticipating challenges and resolution.
- Seek out and synthesize packaging insights from Guest Center of Excellence, the market, vendors and competition for relevant categories.
- Build plans to be in market with relevant team members.
- Gather inputs, author and secure approvals for all project briefs & channel assignments
- Lead and manage all high level brand concept development and detailed category concept work.
- Incorporate relevant guest insights through in shaping business strategy and brand positioning to packaging work.
- Act as the face of Packaging to business partners; maintaining strong, trusted relationships which create proactive engagement beyond current scope of work.
- Establish direction for cycle work and lead all strategic aspects of packaging development (BSR, Cycle/Transition Strategy Kickoff, Messaging Meeting, Detailed Concept KO, etc)
- Understands of all key packaging partner roles; is able to actively shape their roles as needed.
- Independently resolve packaging issues and problems in relevant categories. Partner with packaging leaders as appropriate
- Collaborate with Project Managers throughout the packaging process through consistent exchange of information and updates.
- Bachelor's degree
- Six to eight years of work experience, preferably in Brand Marketing.
- Strong strategic and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate as well as coach exceptional communication skills across settings, tailoring message as appropriate.
- Lead peers and partners in the evaluation of work through a brand lens.
- Demonstrate accountability in managing resources and budget.
- Is able to focus on the broader picture and does not get lost in the details.
- Is resourceful and able to work independently on filling in gaps of information.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in approach and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Has curiosity/drive for seeking and promoting new ideas, in combination with solid business judgment.
- Able to resolve issues quickly for partners and team.