Lead HRBP Business Initiatives
Leads the HR work required to enable business strategies in support of Stores Modernization, inclusive of structure, roles and responsibilities, compensation, staffing, scheduling, training, development, HR systems, communication and change management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• HR partner to Store Operations for all Stores Modernization priorities impact the team; deeply embedded within the business to understand ideal end state; influences direction based on culture implications, risk and reputation.
• Leads HR cross-functional projects to deliver the HR work (job descriptions, job grading, pay practices, sourcing talent, staffing, assessment tools, scheduling, training and development, employee and labor relations risk mitigation, HR systems changes) needed to support Stores Modernization efforts; knows who to partner with and when to get work done; holds partners accountable to delivering on commitments.
• Creates comprehensive project plans including deliverables, milestones, timing and action, and measures of success; writes and proofs communication, process guides and rollout materials; develops implementation and change management plans; uses common project management tools to keep the work and project teams organized; keeps the right people informed with critical information at the right time.
• Collaborates with peers to ensure cohesive messaging and strategic alignment across all Stores Modernization work; escalates risks, collision points and conflicts; keeps peers informed of progress.
• Partners with HRVPs regularly to gain insight and gather feedback; acts as the voice for the stores HR team with partners; visits stores regularly to follow up on implementation and effectiveness of solutions; actively seeks feedback directly from stores to understand gaps and opportunities that need to be resolved; adjusts and implements changes.
• Stays current on retail industry and HR trends; benchmarks competitors regularly to proactively anticipate risks and provide the best possible solutions; innovates new solutions.
Reports to the Sr. Director, Stores HR Planning and Delivery. Develops and sustains a strong partnership with Stores HR leadership, Compensation, Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, Employee and Labor Relations, HR Operations, Store Operations and Finance.
• 5+ years of Human Resources or Retail leadership, or relevant experience
• 2+ years leading cross-functional teams
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Proven ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage multiple high-level priorities
• Proven ability to navigate through ambiguous situations and ask the right questions to make critical decisions quickly
• Proven critical thinking, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to tailor communication to all audience levels, from store hourly team members to Sr. Leaders (both written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• High level of initiative and self-motivation
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, and other web-based tool
• Target Stores, Target HR, and Target HQ project management experience
• Knowledge of Stores HR processes