DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management
JOB TITLE: Senior Buyer
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
Pro Staff has a project-based opening for 12+ months at our medical device client in Plymouth, MN. For details, call 763-248-7192 and apply today!
Provide sourcing and purchasing support to new product introduction projects/teams as assigned. Assume a lead role in supplier sourcing, evaluation and management of new key product or special product/project team efforts as assigned. Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports. Negotiate and manage supplier agreements, including assurance of conformance to corporate policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
• Identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry for competitive analysis.
• Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management
• Determines suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities that meet corporate objectives and policies.
• Leads overall product strategy development, R&D requirements and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products as assigned.
• Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers. Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers and utilize ERP and other systems to monitor and report on supplier performance, coordinate and ensure corrective actions are taken as necessary.
• Purchase assigned commodities according to ERP messages, requisitions, and manual form service requisitions / purchase requisitions.
• Issue purchase orders and change orders for assigned commodities, ensure that proper internal documentation (requisitions/approvals) and external documentation (specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to suppliers.
• Manage the return of discrepant material to supplier for disposition per the Material Reject Record, and coordinate with Receiving, Quality and Accounts Payable in resolving any receiving issues for materials.
• Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased material is maintained to meet manufacturing requirements.
• Ability to identify and define problems/issues, collect data; establish and draw valid conclusions.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and the ability to demonstrate incremental improvements within job scope.
• Occasional travel required to resolve supplier issues and develop new sources.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• BA or BS degree with minimum 4 years purchasing/materials experience in a manufacturing environment. Purchasing experience in a medical regulated product environment preferred. A thorough knowledge of ERP based manufacturing systems; a minimum of 3 years’ experience is preferred. Familiarity with ISO, FDA and GMP requirements.
• Experience in managing subcontractors of purchased assemblies desirable.
• NAPM CPSM and/or APICS CPIM or CRIM Certification desirable.
• Excellent organizational, time management and negotiation skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and work well within cross-functional team environments.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard office tools.
• Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
• Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine)
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Customer Service Attributes:
• Flexible and able to manage customer expectations by appropriate prioritization of assigned responsibilities.
• Honesty, integrity and willingness to learn/apply new techniques.
• Ability to work cross-functionally and among all levels of management.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.