Claims Adjuster - Risk Management
to join our client's growing medical device company in Plymouth, MN. Call 763-248-7192 for more details or apply at www.prostaff.com!
DEPARTMENT: Medical Quality Assurance
JOB TITLE: Corporate Risk Management Specialist - Insurance Claims
REPORTS TO: Corporate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Insurance Risk Mitigation Duties
• Manages claims, investigations and presents solutions to resolve disputed or litigated claims and cost containment. Works closely with customer service, business units, leaders and executives.
• Ensures compilation and submission of reports of injuries, auto accidents, costs, claims, billing, annual OSHA, security system and other applicable workers' compensation, property, general liability, or customer damage reporting.
• Oversees OSHA recordkeeping compliance and reporting standards.
• Maintains and improves corporate reporting and claims investigation policies and procedures.
• Point person and process owner for disputed damage claims.
• Adheres to safety policies and practices, instructs models and promotes safety and risk management goals
• Serves as a point of contact for occupational clinics and monitors employee workability status reports with management and service providers to promote a return to work transition.
• Works with the corporate benefits team as needed to ensure the appropriate FMLA, ADA, STD and/or WC status is initiated.
• Organize workers’ compensation claims reviews including maintaining distribution lists for EHS and HR participants.
• Exercise primary responsibility for maintaining the company’s records as they relate to insurance policies such as maintaining complete records for each type of insurance including applications, binders, polices, correspondence and subsequent endorsements
• Work with insurance broker and internal business units to manage the annual renewal of certificates each year.
• Assist internal and external customers by obtaining certificates of insurance to meet contractual obligations, facilitating the processes to renew and or obtain insurance certificates, managing processes to ensure all certificates are current and renewed appropriately, and acting as a liaison between customers and insurance brokers to ensure certificates are received and accurate.
• Facilitate regular reviews of insurance lines of coverage to ensure cost containment and audit of trends and compliance.
• Preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures, recommending solutions, implementing approved programs and drafting critical insurance policies and procedures.
• Investigating facts for cases related to litigation, disputes, claims, and complaints. Managing third-party providers (including brokers, insurers and third-party administrators) to ensure all outstanding claims are properly valued and reserved.
• Preparing written reports for attorneys and organizing and analyzing information.
• Provide and implement recommendations for improvements for claims process.
• Work closely with internal teams to negotiate contracts that minimize risk.
• Oversee and execute corporate reporting and claims investigation policies and procedures.
• Provides regular communications and training to business units regarding claim status, company audit results and/or risk assessments. This may include webinars, development of e-learning programs and/or in person training.
• Manage the fleet safety program under the direction of EHS Manager including; (1) checking motor vehicle records (MVR) and elevating MVRs that do not meet standards; (2) enrolling employees into the drivers safety program training modules; (4) ensuring drivers maintain DOT medical cards, Commercial Driver License (CDL) and insurance requirements as appropriate; and (3) tracking completion of drivers safety program training modules and/or return of paperwork for MVR review.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety or related field.
• A minimum of 3-5+ years insurance risk management, insurance policy management, or litigation experience.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills, together with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently.
• Familiarity with OSHA, DOT and worker compensation regulations is required.
• Ability to promote compliance, safety and continuous improvement.
• This position may involve exposure to moving machinery, lift trucks, and hazardous substances during cross training and in when working in the field offices.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
• Proficient knowledge and skills working in a computer based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or Mac Office
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to implement solutions to address business issues. Knows who to involve and takes appropriate action
• Ability to perform well under pressure with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
• Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects. Ability to regularly communicate progress to appropriate stake holders. Efficiently manages resources and understands work/project scope, key players, urgency, inherent risks and business benefits.
• Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
• Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities to meet deadlines. Ability to deliver on commitments as promised and able to acknowledge when commitments are not met and takes appropriate steps to fulfill what has been promised
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.