CDI is a thriving company of over 100 employees. Thanks to those valued employees, CDI has grown by serving its customers well and building relationships based on honesty and integrity.
CDI designs and manufactures custom desiccant dehumidifiers and critical process air handlers for numerous markets including food processing, ice arenas, waste water treatment plants, pharmaceutical, automotive, rental, healthcare, aviation, and other niche markets requiring dry air climates. This equipment provides solutions for facilities and mobile temporary applications.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Four Day Work Week
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!
- Provide pre-sale technical support to sales team for customers to review, understand, and develop technical requirements and design parameters of customer applications.
- Analyze and determine engineering configurations and changes needed to fulfill customer’s requirements for equipment. Provide design criteria so that the sales staff, or company representatives, can prepare proposals, quotations and appropriate pricing for CDI technology and products.
- Develop efficient, cost effective technical design of both equipment and controls that meet customer’s business and technical objectives.
- Review final equipment proposals for technical validity, overall solution design, and validation of equipment configurations with the customer and company representative.
- Acquire product expertise and monitor changes in assigned areas of specialization for markets, products, or applications. Provide information and/or training in those areas when called upon by the manager or others.
- Build knowledge base on the key applications for CDI products. Generate and maintain product application notes, product application data sheets, and other documentation.
- Develop expertise of CDI competitive products in various application environments and benchmark CDI products against competing products.
- Contribute to the definition of new products.
- Contribute to the understanding of market requirements, develop appropriate business plans, define the technical capabilities of products, and communicate the appropriate performance, characterization, test and manufacturing needs to other departments in order to achieve scheduled product release.
- Answer technical questions about products from both internal and external sources.
- Assist with technical planning and project management for complex installations.
- Represent customer’s interests to sales, marketing, design, and manufacturing groups.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and technical training on the Company and its services/products to internal staff, account managers, and customers. Travel to customer’s location to provide on-site presentations.
- Participate in seminars, symposia, and technical exchange events.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- HVAC industry training.
- College level training in Materials Properties or Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Calculus and Differential Equations, and Statistical Analysis.
- Experience with HVAC equipment, components and systems design and function.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior utilization with Psychrometrics.
- Prior design and/or sales support experience.
- Previous selection, sizing, and design of various heat exchangers, air movers, filtration systems, and dehumidification systems.
- Experience in facility surveys, measurements, understanding of materials of construction and resultant heat and moisture load analysis.