ProStaff is looking for a Word Processor for one of our clients located in the Energy Corridor. The Word Processor must have the ability to develop and follow a plan while still being able to adapt quickly to the client’s changing needs, multi-task on various deadline-driven projects, the ability to work semi-independently, and have people skills to work collaboratively with a team.
Your prior experience should include an intermediate or higher level of Microsoft Word®, experienced beginners level with Microsoft PowerPoint®, and Microsoft Excel®. More specifically,
We are looking for people who have the following experience:
• Developing lengthy documents with multiple sections
• Creating and managing section breaks and their headers/footers
• Developing Tables of Contents and Table of Figures using field codes.
• Developing bookmarks and cross-references within a document.
• Creating and managing lengthy and complex tables.
• Inserting landscape oriented pages in amongst portrait oriented pages
• Inserting the symbols and special characters (i.e., degree symbols; en-, -em, and non-breaking hyphens; non-breaking optional space characters; etc.)
• Inserting and manipulating graphics and other objects from Excel®. PowerPoint®, Visio®, Acrobat® and other applications
• Utilizing styles and templates to format a document
• Utilizing the Track Changes feature to record and manage commenting functions
• Simple formatting of cells, graphics, and object placement
• Sizing of columns and rows
• Exporting a spreadsheet in whole or part for use in Word®
Job Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Complete formatting assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Incorporate revisions to the materials in a consistent manner in keeping with the existing material.
- Produce work that conforms to specifications and is error free in a timely manner.
- Identify missing or unclear information that needs to be resolved by writers.
- Follow the client’s standards in regards to client specific formatting requirements.
- Complete formatting of materials within deadlines in order that materials are delivered to the client in a timely manner.
- A basic level of familiarity with Windows metafile (*.wmf or *.emf), Portable Network Graphics (*.png), and Joint Photographic Experts Group (*.jpg or *.jpeg) graphic files.
- A basic level of familiarity with database-form file management (i.e., Microsoft SharePoint®)
- Notify Project Manager when suspect copyright violations (plagiarism, unauthorized use of third-party graphics, text with web hyperlinks, so forth) for investigation by the Project Manager.
- Keep an accurate register of time worked on each project.
- Provide appropriate and honest feedback on work received from writers
- Seek clarification of priorities when balancing multiple projects.
- Share word processing techniques with colleagues.
- Respect others’ roles and authority within the company.
- Solve problems by own initiative
- Advocate for consistency in high quality standards as new training material is developed.
- Participate in discussions within the Material Development group regarding development and improvement of training materials.
- Curtail non-work activities during working hours to an absolute minimum.
- Be dependable in attendance and timeliness.
- Request time off as far in advance as possible to help managers in planning project work load/hours.
- Follow procedures on file naming, SharePoint use, file retention, and so forth in order to aid in the keeping of accurate records of the progress of a particular material’s development.
- Seek productive work when idle.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.