6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Pro Staff is seeking experienced WELDERS for immediate positions in Windom, MN.
These are temp-to-hire positions (approximately 60 day conversion).
*Excellent Benefits Package
*Employee Owned Company
*Opportunity for Advancement
The idea candidate will be capable of performing a variety of welding functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using various types of welding equipment. A welder is also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
• Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by
• Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
• Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
• Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
• Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
• Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixtures.
• Selects torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
• Tacks assemblies together.
• Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
• Cleans or de-greases parts.
• Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
• Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of welding area.
If you have a proven track record in the field of WELDING we want to hear from you!!
• Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
• Must be able to read a tape measure.
• Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
• Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances.
• Must be able to identify and measure material.
• Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment drug, background and physical requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.