Early Learning Program Lead and Lead Teacher: Early Learning Childhood Center
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, seeks applications for an Early Learning Program Lead and Lead Teacher in our Early Childhood Center. This position is a .75 FTE position, scheduled for 40 hours/week for 39 weeks to provide an exemplary experience for children. This position is responsible for classroom coordination and teaching approximately 30 children in the Early Childhood Center's Early Learning Program between the ages of 33 months and 5 years .
The Program Lead/Lead Teacher must be able to develop, lead and maintain a model program facilitating children's play and exploration to help them learn new social, spiritual, emotional and physical skills, cognitive concepts, and critical thinking skills in an environment that is developmentally appropriate, safe and secure. The Program Lead must also provide a state of the art early childhood educational program as a resource for the University students as a ‘hands on experience' for skill development pertinent to their university program requirements. This environment and the educational experience must meet the requirements of Accreditation, Parent Aware, and Licensing.
• Classroom teaching, includes record keeping of children's progress.
• Provide vision, direction and development for the Early Learning Model of early childhood education by developing emergent curriculum and assessment plans in alignment with the NAEYC Accreditation and Parent Aware expectations.
• Provide leadership direction for staff in the program and keep up to date with the current practice and theory in early childhood and maintain standards of practice for the program.
• Conduct team meetings with program staff and maintain standards of practice for the program.
• Attend staff meetings with the director and the ECC staff.
• Provide parent communication including conference prep and conferences and newsletters.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the learning environment.
• Maintain professional development with the goal of keeping up to date with theory and current standards of practice for the program.
• Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of 4 years current experience working with early childhood age groups; Master degree with Early Childhood focus and Minnesota Early Childhood License preferred
• Strong base of knowledge in child development, child development theory, observation skills, and assessment skills and commitment to on-going professional growth necessary.
• Experience with young children in variety of groupings (individual, small group, and large group)
• Classroom management skills, including: ability to redirect and guide the children in an appropriate manner, conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills essential as is the ability to work with peers and with parents as partners
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, flexibility, patience, organizational skills a must
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org