Senior Financial Analyst - Construction
JOIN US AS A SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR About This OpportunityIn fast paced work environment, develop accurate estimates from conceptual design to model development in order to support capital investment strategies. Evaluate cost impacts of prototype changes and merchant initiatives based on various implementation strategies. Facilitate cost requests from cross functional groups including project managers, store designers, architects, engineers, and real estate managers. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Senior Construction Manager you'll take the lead as you…Develop and update model budgets for new stores, remodels, supply chain, and headquarters properties by evaluating model design information, historical costs, market conditions and project schedule.
- Facilitate the multidisciplinary budget input process through the collection and analysis of cost inputs from multiple outside business partners. Support Finance and Merchant Groups through evaluation of investment costs of various departments and front end businesses.
- Collaborate with multiple partners to provide estimates at various stages of design and construction implementation. Create and update model budget options for new stores, remodels, supply chain, and headquarter properties by evaluating variance to baseline model scope, schedule and cost. Assist project managers with the evaluation of contractor bid proposals.
- Collaborate with change management and prototype teams to evaluate cost impacts of design changes and merchant initiatives. Participate in value engineering analysis and provide project team with cost-saving design alternatives on complex projects.
- Evaluate actual vs. estimated costs on all applicable projects and generate post-activity analysis. Develop & maintain historical cost databases. Generate scope of work narratives for model budgets as well as strategy estimates.
- Facilitate meetings and present estimates to internal clients and cross functional project teams in dedicated estimate review forum. Develop and maintain strong relationships with contractors/subcontractors/vendors and engage regularly with contractors/subcontractors to validate current market pricing. Maintain market knowledge regarding cost resources such as material and labor trends through regular review of resources such as ENR, RS Means and Reed Construction Data
- Visit project sites as necessary in order to develop scope definition and evaluate impacts of “existing conditions”.
- 4 year degree in accounting, finance or related area
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills
- Broad technical skills including experience with spreadsheet and database applications (MS Excel/Access)
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong partnerships with direct team and all levels of management
- Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings with proven ability to direct dialogue toward consensus
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Construction management experience
- Familiarity with engineering principles