Inventory Control Planner
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management
JOB TITLE: Production/Inventory Control Planner
REPORTS TO: Materials Manager
The Production/Inventory Control Planner is responsible for providing accurate ship dates to customers and planning production schedules for on-time delivery. The Production/Inventory Control Planner develops and maintains production plans for sub-assembly and final assembly of assigned product lines and ensures the uninterrupted flow of material to support the schedule. This position works closely with customer service, production supervision, engineering, and purchasing to achieve on-time shipment, inventory control and production schedule performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Schedule customer order line items for shipment considering customer request date, present order backlog, daily line capacity and material availability.
• Develops, maintains and controls the master production schedule. Analyzes and interprets marketing forecast information.
• Be prepared for daily production meeting with status for all planned products.
• Prepares reports, presentations and graphs with weekly operating summaries for planning and execution of value stream team meetings.
• Prepare the work order and releases to manufacturing from an analysis of MRP and/or production rates.
• Evaluate, establish and communicate priorities to Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and Warehouse personnel, as manufacturing conditions change.
• Adjust and maintain dispatch list for assigned areas with concern on level loading completing work orders on time and capacity constraints.
• Identify and resolve problems/issues, such as parts shortages, capacity and technical failures, with appropriate departments to assure a smooth orderly production schedule.
• Participate in systems development and/or suggested changes to existing systems to improve efficiency, as directed.
• Coordinate implementation of Engineering Change Orders on the production floor and stockroom inventory.
• Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased material is maintained to meet manufacturing requirements.
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and the ability to demonstrate incremental improvements within job scope.
• Backup and/or support other Planners during absences.
• Perform other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Operations/Supply Chain management.
• Basic knowledge of production scheduling and capacity planning fundamentals and techniques are required to perform job duties.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and positive attitude for continuous improvement are critical for job success.
• Excellent organizational, time management and negotiation skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and work well within cross-functional team environments.
• Must be able to perform essential job functions safely and work within established company guidelines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Teamwork Principles: Ability to work cross-functionally and among all levels of management.
• Customer Service Attributes: Flexible and able to manage customer expectations by appropriate prioritization of assigned responsibilities.
• Personal Characteristics: Honesty, integrity and willingness to learn/apply new techniques.
• Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard office tools.
• Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
• Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.