7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Communications Analyst position within the Information Technology Services department.
This position exist primarily to provide technical and operational support to develop and execute communications for Student Data Services. The person in this position serves as a primary expert and technological specialist responsible to manage the operational aspects of the communication calendar in such a way as to ensure excellence and efficiency and includes the following key tasks:
Ensure the validity and integrity of the data and content that are being utilized in communication:
- Establish and manage processes for overseeing the operational aspects of execution of communication creation and delivery.
- Coordinate and supervise the deployment of communications.
- Coordinate with the originator of the communication to ensure the final delivered product is executed as intended.
- Perform the following tasks for communication:
- Receive, extract or utilize appropriate recipient data from or in university systems.
- Create content in Lyris, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Word that manipulates recipient data into personalized content.
- Ensure that all communication plans and projects are executed with established communication standards.
- Provide internal communication to ensure all university staff involved have the information about the communication plan needed.
- Provide daily supervision for all activities of system communication analyst team.
- Establish and execute tracking and analytics appropriate to the type of communication.
- Ensure communication follows internal and external guidelines and regulations.
Provide data reporting services:
- Assist in the identification, development, and delivery of a reporting system to quantify the activities of the system communication analyst team and track the success of and identify need for change.
- Write and distribute reports of data from university systems.
- For reports and scripts that require advanced programming, collaborate need fulfillment from system analyst team.
Manage System Communication team documentation:
- Create, maintain and deliver documentation and training materials for operational aspects of communication execution.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible positions. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and three (3) years of professional level experience providing technical and operational support to include creating content, executing, and tracking electronic and paper communications. Technical experience to include experience working with student information systems, databases, Word and email deployment, and HTML; experience with data input translation, querying and document management.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: Preferred qualifications include project management experience, and experience working with Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Lyris, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cognos ReportNet, Appworx, and SQL, or similar tools for managing data, documents, automation, and communication.
Knowledge of: Communication creation and execution, data extraction (querying), and manipulation of data (e.g., mail merge, pivot tables, etc.). The ability to identify and troubleshoot data integrity issues. Proficiency with computer applications such as Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Cognos ReportNet, Lyris Listmanager, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Appworx, HTML, and SQL, or similar applications for managing data, automation, emailing, and reporting. Strong knowledge of standard personal computer systems, MS Windows platform, business application software, databases, and query languages.
Skill in: Excellent analytical skills. Strong project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal skills.
Abilities: The ability to interpret information and apply it to a situation. The ability to identify problems and take initiative to find solutions. The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The ability to visualize data in a multi-dimensional way as data are utilized in communications.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer