Property Management Accounting Accountant - Rebill
JOIN US AS A PMA ACCOUNTANT - REBILLPRIMARY FUNCTIONResponsible for the accounting, financial administration and processing of common area maintenance (CAM) receivables (rebill) based on application of real estate documents and new store legal document review. This includes journal entries, account reconciliations, accounts receivable analysis, interpretation of real estate legal documents, correspondence with 3rd party customers, maintenance of the Refx (SAP) system, and working closely with the Target Properties and Real Estate departments.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInterpret and review lease agreements, including small format locations:
- Review and interpret new lease documents to ensure all CAM rebill opportunities are appropriately identified and accounted for based on criteria for Target maintained sites.
- Verify information is accurately reflected in the Refx/SAP system (based on inputs from the Properties teams).
- Ensure accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual billing for pro-rata share and fixed fee sites.
- Oversee new contract set up and any needed correspondence with new rebill customers.
Monthly accounting processes:
- Complete required journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review accounts receivable aging reports, analyze bad debt reserve needs and actively pursue collection of past due accounts while taking necessary actions to comply with the overlying legal agreements.
- Complete monthly expense relief entries for Target Properties cost centers.
Oversee the management and maintenance of the CAM rebill budgeting/reconciliation process:
- Partnering with the Rebill Process Analyst, assist in completion of the annual rebill budget process, including partnership with Target Properties teams as needed, ensuring they are in compliance with Target's obligations under the legal documents and reasonable assumptions are made when estimates are needed.
- Assist the Rebill Process Analyst in completion of the annual rebill reconciliation processes, ensuring accurate data and reporting is used, customers are billed appropriately and all information is settled correctly in Refx.
- Work through financial dispute resolution with customers as it arises.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- 4 year business/accounting degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding system skills and aptitude, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong property management and analytical skills