Warehouse Worker/Order Selector
A warehouse worker/order selector uses a power pallet jack and picks products (by the case) via a voice command system. These positions work a variety of hours per week depending on business needs. Hours are not guaranteed: you may be released early or you may be required to work overtime. Will be required to work up to 7 days a week during peak business.
Starting pay $20.58 / hour. Full time advancement (with union benefits) based on high production standards and great attendance.
· 1st (6am-2pm), 2nd (2pm-10pm) and 3rd (10pm-6am) shifts.
o Including at least 1 weekend shift as we are a 24/7-365 day operation
o Scheduled for 4 days and 1 “call-in” day
· True part time shifts:
o Option #1: Saturdays & Sundays 6am-2pm
o Option #2: Mondays & Thursdays 2pm-10pm and Saturdays 6am-2pm
o Option #3: Wednesdays & Fridays 2pm-10pm and Sundays 6am-2pm
Job requirements and responsibilities:
· Previous order selection, warehouse experience or experience in a physically demanding job is preferred.
· Open positions are in both our Fresh and Frozen warehouses. Will be trained in both and will work in both based on business needs. Must be willing to work in a cold environment. SUPERVALU provides you with proper clothing for work.
· Must be able to use a voice controlled headset for receiving orders verbally and operate a power pallet jack to transport products.
· Continual lifting 2-3 cases per minute which will average 200-250 cases per hour. Cases picked weigh between 3 - 70 lbs. with the majority between 40-70 lbs. Occasional cases can weigh up to 100 lbs.
· Pick on Standards – goal is 95%.
· Must be able to handle packaged Pork.
· We have a no-fault attendance policy. Must attend work as scheduled, including overtime.
· Must join the union after 30 days.
· Good communication (verbal & written) is needed.
· Must be available for nights, holidays and weekends as the shifts vary.
· Must be able to work at a fast and safe pace.
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent desired.
· Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· 18+ years of age due to equipment operation
· Pass pre-employment testing: Background check, Drug Screen, and Physical Capabilities test.
We need you! Be a part of a great team of individuals who work hard every day to provide our customers with the best service possible!
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.