Sr Buyer | Produce
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Sr. BuyerPrimary Function The Sr. Buyer delivers the category strategy and assortment plans in service of the divisional strategy through analysis of internal and external insights, deep category expertise, and broad vendor/cross-functional partnership. Category ownership is typically for high revenue, diverse/quickly changing businesses with complex consumer decision.Categories include: Potato/Onion/Garlic/Tomato/AvocadoKey Responsibilities Category Expertise
- Identify the latest trends to develop assortment and category strategies through market/site visits and guest, store, vendor interaction
- Dive deep into Guest insights for the category to understand needs and shopping patterns
- Analyze competitor and industry performance, uncovering potential white spaces; assume a curious and creative mindset to identify category / product opportunities
- Develop category strategy and guidelines, incorporating inputs from Guest Insights, CFT partners, third party reports (e.g. Nielsen Market Share), vendors and category selling/market trend/competitive set analysis
- Partner closely with Divisional to ensure delivery against the divisional strategy
- Ensure functional guidelines are sufficiently detailed for partner planning and that the broad cross-functional team understands the strategy
- Creatively plan profitable and locally relevant product assortments to drive growth in the Omni Channel marketplace - stores, ecommerce, online and mobile.
- Deeply understand Guest shopping behavior and assortment requirements based on channel, format, and local market
- Analyze competitor assortments, including new players
- Conduct assortment analysis, using Target best methods; gather input from vendors and CFT partners
- Influence, negotiate and work with vendors in the marketplace
- Drive results by evaluating financial and business indicators, and translating data into actionable information. Partner with Merchandise Planning to proactively plan for and react to business results.
- Drive site experience through partnership with Site Merchandising and Item COE team; Manage store to site product launches in a seamless experience for the guest
- Lead, motivate and inspire cross-functional teams to drive category results
- Manage sales and margin dollar performance against plan
- Guide product development in partnership with product design/vendors and sourcing for assigned product category where applicable.
- Provide inputs and insights to PPCOE partners to be used in the development of promotional plans and strategies across channels for assigned product category.
- Work with the Divisional and PPCOE to review recommended promotional plans, and monitor/manage category-level promotions performance.
- Partner with Associate Buyer, MS, Pricing and Promotion COE, and Planning to manage the markdown process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Merchandising experience with various product categories
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to drive growth in a business
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with CFT
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about diversity in relation to working with others; committed to developing an inclusive team