Doherty Career Solutions is seeking a Drafting Supervisor for our client located in Burnsville, MN. The ideal candidate will be a draftsperson working in the architectural market, who has process insights and is looking to move up to the next level. They anticipate that the early work in this position will be to refine our standard operating procedures, organize our drawing libraries and evaluate current staff of three draftsmen. As the business grows, they anticipate that the supervisor will also be the primary draftsperson on complex projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops understanding of systems and procedures used in all aspects of process, including design, production and fabrication.
- Reviews drawings and plans to ensure quality of work and project feasibility.
- Manages CAD and Panelbuilder training, updates and software issues.
- Works with project manager(s) and shop manager to ensure accuracy and clarity of drawings.
- Coordinates with shop foreman to ensure CAD and PB files are correct.
- Hosts weekly Drafting meetings to discuss current projects and relay pertinent information to all drafting staff.
- Architectural drafting degree and 5+ years in the field; 10+ years in the field if no degree.
- Experience in exterior walls or exterior envelope products highly preferred.
- Ability to see the connections between architectural vision, product detail and fabrication processes a must.
- Previous supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Process improvement training and experience a plus.
- Detail oriented in work and management.
- Team oriented and customer focused
To apply for the Drafting Supervisor role, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Drafting Supervisor position, please call our Doherty Career Solutions office at 952-832-8390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org #EngineeringCareers
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app