Die Cast Operator
DIE CAST OPERATOR
Doherty Staffing Solutions is adding positions in the Cast department for our client in Monticello! This position is on the 2nd shift from 2:00pm-12 midnight Monday - Thursday. Overtime opportunities available. The pay for this position is $13.50 per hour.
DIE CAST JOB SUMMARY
Die Cast Operators are responsible for achieving die casting quality and the periodic recording of process readings related to process effectiveness. Casting operations require a substantial number of manual operations such as machine cycle start, hand spraying, positioning of inserts in die cast tool, de-flashing parts and dies, removing hot die castings from the machine, visually inspecting die castings and taking measurements to ensure conformance to specification.
DIE CAST RESPONSIBILITIES
• Observe continuous machine operations to ensure that products meet specifications, detect malfunctions and make adjustments as instructed
• Using precision measuring instruments, measure and visually inspect products for conformance
• Set up, operate, or tend metal casting machines
• Remove finished products from dies using hand tools, air hoses and other equipment
• Trim excess material from parts and place part in correct container
• Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents
• Accurately record production transactions and work time
DIE CAST OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or GED and may require some vocational training or job-related course work
• Basic measurement and math tasks
• Read, write and to comprehend verbal and written instructions in English
• Occasional lift/carry 21 to 49 pounds, continuous lift/carry 1 to 20 pounds
• Continuous grip, torque and fine manipulation
• Occasional exposure to hot and cold temperature extremes
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about this position, please call 320-234-6123 or email email@example.com.
Download our mobile app for iOS and Android l www.doherty.jobs/app