Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a global leader in high quality precision moulding and custom design solutions. This company is at the forefront of global developments in the liquid packaging, bio-pharmaceutical and medical industries. We are currently interviewing for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Lester Prairie, MN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with initial screening by Doherty. The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 based on experience and skillset.
The Manufacturing Engineer's primary responsibilities will be focused on supporting manufacturing processes and tooling to improve and maintain overall production efficiencies.
Description & Responsibilities:
• Establish new product molding processes and procedures, and verify quality data to recommend any adjustments required to meet customer specifications
• Control the generation and maintenance of part number bills of material, where applicable
• Generate and maintain molding, tooling, and assembly related process documentation
• Research and evaluate continuous improvement suggestions in areas of molding, raw materials, tooling, assembly, and support equipment
• Participate in customer part and assembly design efforts, suggesting improvements for manufacturability
• Coordinate internal and external operations project activities, guiding resources to obtain project objectives.
• Specify and provide justification for molding equipment, tooling improvements, assembly, and support equipment
• Advocate for proactive safety
• Coordinate and manage subcontracted injection molding tooling and quotations
• Research product discrepancy cause and corrective action for all received product rejects, supply quality with appropriate data to submit to customer
• Participate in plant-wide safety improvement efforts, identify and correct safety concerns
• Other manufacturing duties as assigned based on new product and equipment changes
Qualifications & Experience:
• 4 year degree (preferably in an engineering discipline)
• Experience with injection molding and/or high speed assembly operations or related plastics industry experience
• Strong mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude
• Strong communication skills, ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from managers, sales, and customers
• Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
• Ability to identify problems, develop and implement actions to resolve them
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD
To submit yourself for the Manufacturing Engineer opportunity, please apply online at www.doherty.jobs or contact the Doherty Recruiter for more information. You may also submit a resume directly to email@example.com.