Health Plan Specialist II
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Humera is looking for multiple Health Plan Specialist II's for our client, a major healthcare provider, in Minnetonka, MN. The calls received by the candidates will be transactional. This entry-level position is responsible for managing basic inquiries from active, terminated, and prospective members of this company. The Health Plan Specialist II is a primary contact for members to resolve service problems for claims, enrollment, billing, and pharmacy as well as interpreting contracts and explaining benefits. They are responsible for exceptional levels of service satisfaction.
The degree of client satisfaction and retention that this company achieves with membership is directly related to the success of the customer service teams. The Health Plan Specialist II is responsible for identifying members and
researching enrollment requests in a timely and courteous manner. Health Plan Specialist II's are expected to work with enrollment, billing and other departments within this company to resolve member issues.
This is a contract to hire opportunity.
- Supports Medicare member population that has either Individual or Retiree Group coverage
- Takes approximately 45 inbound calls per day
- High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred
- No healthcare background/experience is required
- At least 1-2 years of prior customer service experience
- Advanced ability to toggle between multiple applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Focused toward the common goal of delivering high quality service to members.
- Is a team player
- Has strong soft skills
- Excellent Attendance
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and respond well to a rapidly changing industry and operational environment.
- Candidates need thick skin, as members are not always easy to deal with over the phone
- Wants to grow & advance within the company
- 4-6 weeks of training. Hours are 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Attendance is mandatory
The intention of the Government Programs Contact Center hiring class is to start quality candidates who will be level II (Medicare - CHA). Medicare Contact Center II - Center for Health Aging (CHA)