Human Resources Manager
Doherty Staffing, in partnership with a nationally known yet local company, is currently interviewing for a full-time Human Resource Manager in Blackduck, MN. Qualified candidates must have 2 or more years' experience in all aspects of Human Resources, excluding payroll. This is a full-time position and pay will be negotiated based on experience and skill set.
Directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the HR Department. Maintains and enhances the organization by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and HR policies, programs, and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops and administers various HR plans and procedures for all company personnel.
· Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
· Responsible for retaining new hires and employee turnover, including onboarding efforts.
· Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
· Maintains personal and medical Leaves of Absences and FMLA records.
· Responsible for Worker's Compensation rating and maintains files; obtain First Report of Injury, schedule Occupational Health visits, file claims, and communicate with worker's compensation company.
· Responsible for Health Care Benefits and maintaining a working relationship with our Health Care Representatives in assisting employees.
· Responsible for providing assistance to managers and employees in ensuring a safe working environment. Implement safety standards and procedures as required.
· Ensures compliance with all updated federal, state and local employment laws.
· Plans and organizes activities of the workroom ensuring positive employee engagement and experiences.
· Oversee HR Specialist and HR Assistant who report directly to the HR Manager.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience· Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. · 2 or more years' experience in HR Administration experience.
· Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
· Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
· Requires competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company. Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues. Promote a culture of empowering employees through responsibility and building the feeling of ownership.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, sufficiently to respond to employee inquiries. Human relation and customer service skills sufficient to interact effectively with all employees and applicants in a direct, yet courteous, tactful, and effective manner.· Ability to handle, prioritize, and complete a variety of responsibilities in a timely and organized manner.
Qualified candidates may apply online at www.doherty.jobs, submit a resume to email@example.com, or call the Doherty Recruiter at 218-470-0274 for more information.