Industrial Sewer I
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with a lead manufacturer of visual communication, event and promotional display merchandise in Ramsey, MN. We are seeking Industrial Sewers to work on 2nd shift (Monday - Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm) for these exciting seasonal positions expected to run through October! For the right candidates there is a possibility of “Temp to Hire”. Compensation starting at $12.55 per hour.
This client has over 350 employees, is a multi-million dollar domestic manufacturer of visual communication, event and promotional display merchandise. The organization markets its products and services to the Promotional Product, Exhibit Display, Sign and Printing industries through the channel brands of Showdown Displays and Creative Banner Displays.
Industrial Sewers Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares printed media for finishing by, measuring, cutting, pre-masking and sewing.
- Finishes printed media using single/double needle sewing machines, and grommet machine.
- Sews in pockets, hems, webbing, velcro, ropes, and cables.
- Ensures the quality of all printed media is checked prior to finishing; i.e. copy, colors, print quality, substrate, dimensions, quantity.
- Ensures daily housekeeping tasks are performed within the finishing area within normal work hours.
Industrial Sewers Key Requirements:
- Skilled in use of measurement, using tape measure etc.
- Good basic computer skills for reading schedules, work orders, etc.
- Ability to perform physical work appropriate to finishing large banners, signs, and packaging finished product.
- Walk, stand, bend, stoop, crawl, work on knees, cutting, push/pull up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to reach across cutting table that measures approximately 34 inches high, 76 inches wide and cut vinyl repetitively using a utility knife.
- Good hand/eye dexterity skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure and read a tape measure.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug and background check.
To apply for the Industrial Sewer positions, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Industrial Sewer positions, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app