Production Group Lead
Production Group Lead
Doherty Staffing Solutions is currently partnering with a leading manufacturer in the paint spray gun industry in Plymouth, MN. We are seeking a Production Group Lead on 1st shift for this exciting opportunity! Compensation starts at $18.62 per hour.
As a Production Group Lead, you will have the opportunity to work in an exciting environment where paint sprayers, power rollers, heat guns, and more.
Overseeing Pump Assemblers, Assembler II, and Assembler I departments.
Production Group Lead Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentors new and existing staff and provides regular feedback verbally or in written form; delegates, monitors, and reviews the progress of assigned work to ensure accuracy and consistency. Addresses issues that may be interfering with production such as equipment failure, safety hazards, quality assurance, and part shortages.
- Communicates and interprets department and Company policies; monitors the effectiveness of systems and procedures, and makes recommendations to ensure daily operations are efficient, implementing approved changes.
- Trains and instructs new and existing staff on job functions and the proper use of equipment as well as following standardized work as provided by supporting team members; monitors the effectiveness of training tools and makes recommendations for changes.
- Sustains and drives lean manufacturing and 5S activities and ensures compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Interprets daily productivity expectations and organizes employees and equipment to fulfill daily targets.
- Establishes and maintains best practices in creating consistency with customer specifications such as level of service and published routing guide requirements.
- Sets up subassemblies and work stations by orders and audits production for accuracy. Enters completed units and accessories into stock through MRP system.
- May attend meetings on safety, production, design and/or quality and leads weekly easel board meetings for production line in a cross-functional group.
- Interacts with Quality, Design and Manufacturing Engineers regarding issues, needs and finding related to the products produced and equipment used to produce them. Cover for other Group Leads as needed.
- Ensures tools are working properly and that hand power tools are at the proper torque setting.
- Ensures sorting or rework is done off the line and conducts line audits of finished product. Writes up line scrap weekly.
- Keys labor, reviews SWO's correspondence with Manufacturing Supervisors and others through email, prints changeover forms and carton labels. Reviews prints, DMR's and other documents.
Production Group Lead Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or (GED); post-secondary education or certification in Lean Manufacturing, Process Flow, or related field preferred. Must have at least three years of related experience and a forklift certification or license.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations such as to adding, subtracting, and dividing using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of and skill using Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems and website navigation.Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean and Kaizan methods and practices and standard production safety protocol.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate situations accurately and thoroughly to determine and implement an effective and appropriate course of action.
To apply for the Mechanical Assembler position, please click Apply Now and complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or if you need further information about the Mechanical Assembler position, please call or text our Twin Cities North Metro in Brooklyn Park at 952-835-8883
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app