Welder - Days
Are you an experienced welder looking for a great opportunity with a growing employee-owned company? Our manufacturing client in Glenwood is seeking candidates familiar with and capable of using various types of welding equipment. While welding will be your main responsibility, you may also be asked to perform other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Main duties include:
• Read and interpret blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements
• Connect cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by engineer
• Manually guide electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten
• Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions
• Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
• Repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
• Position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in jig or fixtures
• Select torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material
• Tack assemblies together
• Chip off excess weld, slag, and spatter
• Clean or de-grease parts
• Perform all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding
• Move parts in and move finished product out of welding area
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Have or be willing to obtain forklift certification
• Ability read and interpret blueprints and read a tape measure
• Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Hours are 5:30am-4:00pm Mon.-Thurs. and 5:30am-2pm on Fridays. Pay depends on experience. This company offers great benefits at hire on, including profit sharing! Give Pro Staff a call at 320-763-9677 for more details or to schedule an in-office interview. We also offer Walk-In Wednesdays. Stop in any Wednesday between 7am-5pm to complete an application and interview on the spot!
Pro Staff, an Atterro Human Capital Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative, Clerical, Light Industrial and Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.