Senior Major and Planned Giving Officer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University, St. Paul, seeks a full time Senior and Major Planned Giving Officer. As a member of the St. Catherine University Development staff, the Senior and Major Planned Giving Officer is responsible for building relationships and closing planned and major gifts through intentional measures including regular communication and engagement in stewardship events.
• Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, secure and steward major and planned gifts; solicit planned, major and restricted gifts.
• Conduct face-to-face meetings (15/month average) with donor/prospects to advance their movement in the development cycle; meetings will include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donor/prospects.
• Manage and develop a prospect portfolio of approximately 120 high potential prospects.
• Create a prospect plan for each assigned prospect, including steps to move the prospect through the development cycle.
• Represent the University positively and articulately with external public and volunteers.
• Work effectively with other members of External Relations, Advancement and Major Gifts Teams.
• Engage in the University community through attendance at and participation in key institutional events.
• Serve as point person for Crescendo web platform and illustrations.
• Other responsibilities as required by department, division or University needs.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 10 years fundraising experience including 5 years major/planned giving fundraising experience; preferred fundraising experience in higher education.
• Demonstrated success in major/planned gift fundraising, including large cash gifts.
• Goal oriented, mission driven; strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships. with staff, volunteers, donors and others in the Development and External Relations process.
• Travel, evening, weekend and flexible work schedule as required.
• Ability working with gift planning vehicles and complex assets including gift annuities, CRTs, securities, IRSAs, endowments, insurance and real estate; campaign experience and results preferred.
• Familiarity with St. Catherine University and its mission and vision, history and offered programs is helpful.
• Knowledge of the Twin Cities, Minnesota, regional or national philanthropic communities as well as of the Catholic philanthropic community is beneficial.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org