Administrative Assistant III - Dougherty Family College
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant III position within the Dougherty Family College.
The Dougherty Family College is the newest college of the University of St. Thomas, opening in the fall of 2017 on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Offering an associate degree in liberal arts, the college's curriculum will be rigorous and provide graduates with a seamless transition to public or private institutions should they decide to pursue a bachelor's degree. Students will receive mentoring from St. Thomas faculty, participate in paid internships and enjoy the benefits of being part of the state's largest private university. For more information about the Dougherty Family College, please explore the website HERE.
This position provides administrative assistance and support to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Admissions in the Two-Year College. This includes managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and managing long-term and short-term projects to ensure timely and efficient process management. This also includes maintaining open communication with students, community members and professional colleagues and staff, coordinating meetings, technical data processing, customer service and correspondence
1. Administrative Support: Provide administrative assistance and support to the Associate Dean of Students and Director of Admissions of the Dougherty Family College.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and coordinate travel arrangements for associate dean and director.
- Manage and coordinate all special events.
- Manage records relevant to the Dougherty Family College that are not otherwise managed centrally.
- Manage and supervise workflow of office.
- Coordinate and manage long-term and short-term projects.
- Coordinate the assignment of rooms for classes. Verify that schedules have been accurately posted on the web.
2. Office Management: Perform day-to-day management of Dougherty Family College student life office function.
- Train and supervise the work of student workers.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient flow of communication as necessary for college operations.
- Coordinate efficient work flow of office functions.
- Coordinate college-wide meetings as requested by the Associate Dean and Director.
3. Budget: Assist with maintenance of the budget.
- Monitor and approve requisitions in Banner.
- Monitor specific budgets, i.e., special projects, restricted funds, and office assistant/student worker budget lines.
- Assist with budget revisions, process reports, transfers, and journal entries as needed.
- Monitor and ensure processing of all monthly Wells One card statements.
- Process orders and requisitions.
4. Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or the equivalent and three years of administrative support experience. Must have experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Preferred qualifications: Experience in higher education.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer