Director of Food & Beverage Services
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Culinary, Front of the House
Directs the functions of the Food and Beverage department to support the casino, in accordance with the company's strategic goals. Plans and operates within budget guidelines. Implements high guest service standards. Has accountability for meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
Has responsibility for developing and maintaining F&B operating and capital budgets. Plans and controls cost. Ensures that all assets assigned to Food and Beverage are well-maintained.
- Reviews and analyzes cost, financial, and operations reports to determine operating requirements for enhanced revenues and minimized cost. Maintains labor and product costs within budget limits. Approves equipment, materials, and supplies purchases.
- Directs and coordinates, through department management, activities of F&B departments to promote and achieve efficiency and effectiveness, and to obtain optimum usage of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Develops and maintains open lines of communication within F&B departments and other operating departments.
- Coaches, counsels, and directs team members regarding guest relation concerns and complaints.
- Develops and implements budget and strategic work plan, including capital projects. Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of equipment, which would increase the efficiency and safety of operations.
- Develops and implements new market-leading innovative concepts, menus, and promotional activities pertaining to Food and Beverage in collaboration with Marketing and Sales.
- Works with Division Management in formulating administrative, safety, and operational policies and procedures. Enforces compliance within F&B departments. Reviews policies and procedures and recommends and approves revisions.
- Oversees human resource management for departments. Reviews and approves the hiring and training standards of department personnel. May review and recommend disciplinary and discharge actions.
- Supervises direct reports. Includes recruiting, interviewing, selecting, promoting, training, and developing. Monitors and manages performance and conducts performance reviews. Conducts disciplinary and discharge actions.
- Conducts regular walk-through of restaurants and kitchens to monitor guest service, food quality, safety, cleanliness, and asset maintenance.
- A combination of post-secondary education and restaurant management experience in a large food and beverage operation (revenues in excess of $15 million, with at least 300 employees, and including five or more varied food and beverage operations) to equal 10 year.
- Beginning experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software.
- A college degree preferred in Hotel and Restaurant management or related field.