Senior Claims Adjuster (Examiner, Rep, Sr, Lost Time, Insurance)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. Work Somewhere You Love.
A Sr. Claims Adjuster/ Rep manages, investigates, and determines liability on claims of reported work injury or occupational disease; determines appropriate reserves; authorizes payment of medical and wage loss benefits; and assigns, directs, and monitors medical, rehabilitation and legal services. Proactively reduces loss costs and improves the quality of claim management by identifying and acting on claim management issues. Responds to customer inquiries and may conduct field visits with policyholders, agents and injured workers.
SFM has a unique model and structures its teams into multifunctional business units. Sr. Claims Reps report to the Business Manager, as do Medical-Only Reps, Underwriters, and so on. Everyone in the unit works cohesively, it is not a segmented or silo approach. Inherently, there is room for growth and development within the team.
--We’re looking for--
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, risk management, business, psychology or related field, preferred.
- 5+ years of claims adjusting experience (workers’ comp &/or casualty). Some experience may be substituted for a four-year degree.
- Professional insurance designations (CPCU, ARM), preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of state applicable Workers’ Compensation Act and its application to claims administration, skill in state regulatory reporting, and knowledge of related disability benefits.
- Exceptional oral communication and customer service skills to interact in a team environment/collaborate with other business units and a diverse group of customers with varying levels of insurance knowledge.
- Ability to understand and analyze information; strong math, investigation, negotiation, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work on a computer in a paperless environment.
- Some travel to meet with policyholders, agents, and claimants may be required.
- APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 18,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.