Insurance Support Rep (Customer Service, Data Entry, Clerical, Office)
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. Work Somewhere You Love.
Insurance Support Reps work on our Corporate Services team. Corporate Services is the backbone of our overall operation & a gateway to discovering other passions & opportunities within SFM!
Insurance Support Reps provide high-quality, timely business support on behalf of the entire organization by analyzing & processing agency correspondence (including scanning/indexing of mail & compiling client mailings), policy applications, first reports of injury, & requests relating to the Workers' Compensation underwriting/ claims-related functions. They are active team members in a multi-functional, fast-paced, detail driven, & paperless environment, providing high-quality service to internal & external customers. They act as back-ups to SFM’s main reception desk & provide coverage to other Corporate Services team members.
--We're looking for--
- HS diploma or GED.
- Business/ technical college certification &/ or 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience w/ insurance support, preferably workers’ compensation (WC) or casualty, preferred.
- Motivation & ability to understand multiple states' WC laws as well as the inner workings of SFM.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment w/ frequent computer work (approx. 80-90%).
- Focus on Service Excellence & other SFM principles in all internal & external customer situations.
- Effective communication to interact w/ a diverse group of customers ranging in WC knowledge.
- Ability to follow & adhere to procedures, confidentiality/HIPAA, & SFM best practices.
- Someone who's effective, efficient, & will share new ideas.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy w/ ability to verify & cross-check data.
- Organization & time management skills to tackle multiple priorities & deadlines.
- Ability to capture, analyze, & assimilate oral/written information to make appropriate decisions.
- Proficient computer, data entry, & typing skills (e.g. MS Office suite), preferably in a Windows environment (approx. 50+ WPM).
- Ability to operate an electronic PC-phone console or multi-line phone system.
- Ability to operate printers, letter folding machines, postage meters, & other office equipment.
- Ability to lift at or above shoulder height, frequently up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional movement throughout the facility while pushing/pulling a wheeled cart.
- APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 18,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and follow-through.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.