St. Catherine University, St. Catherine campus, seeks a Records Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar to maintain student records with meticulous attention to detail. In addition, it provides timely and consistent service to students, alumnae/i, faculty, staff, and outside agencies as it pertains to students' academic records. This position deals with sensitive student issues and requires a working knowledge of FERPA and all of St. Catherine University's registration procedures and academic policies.
• Manage specific grading processes, including grade changes, requests for satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading, incomplete and extended grades, and sending reminders to faculty who fail to submit grades on time. Assist faculty with grading issues, including policy and technical questions.
• Serve in customer service role one hour per day, including answering phone and serving walk-ins at the front counter.
• Print diplomas for graduating students at all levels and complete athletic reporting paperwork.
• Process transcript requests (printing and mailing) and leave of absence/ withdrawal requests.
• Manage attendance issues, including sending reminders to faculty, dropping no shows, and working with other offices to address attendance issues. Research and resolve class list discrepancies identified by faculty members.
• Manage special registrations for internships, research, independent/directed study, PSEO, Hamline Dispute Resolution and registration eligibility issues, including assigning special PINs.
• Work with supervisor to maintain procedures for position.
• Other duties as assigned by Assistant Registrar or Associate Registrar.
• High school diploma (or GED) required; Associate degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and organization, with critical thinking skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to function efficiently and perform tasks accurately in fast-paced environment; ability to take initiative and manage time effectively.
• Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor in stressful environment.
• Excellent computer skills: data entry, word processing, e-mail, navigating the web.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org